Saturday, January 9, 2010

Road Trip - 22.12.09

A massive storm hit Narrabri in the middle of the night (around 3am), and lasted about 1 & 1/2 hours. I was worried that the roads would get flooded out, but we were lucky (i think they got flooded a couple of days after).

Just as we were packing the car to leave another storm rolls in. It hits us just as we were leaving. It was so bad, that I had my wipers on full blast and still couldn't see properly, so needless to say I was driving slowly.

As we get to the outskirts of Narrabri, it stops raining. And well at that exact moment a mother duck and her ducklings decide to cross the road. I couldn't swerve to the right as there were oncoming cars. I could only serve to my left. I missed them, and the duckies manage to cross the road safely.

The storm clouds were just insane! But amazing at the same time. Now I can understand storm chaser.



I tell you what it was so good to see the welcome to Queensland sign

Because it meant that we weren't far from our destination! We stopped in Goodiwindi for a break and a play in the library as it was free and it was inside (as it was raining outside).

Don't remember what time we eventually got into Brisbane, but it was good to see my parents, and they loved seeing the kiddies.



No comments:

Post a Comment