Monday, November 15, 2010

Project 365 - Days 273-303 - October 2010

Click the image to view it bigger.  It wont make the individual images bigger however.

Things I have learnt about doing project 365.
1. I have learnt a lot about my camera and the lens.
2. a lot of my images are fluff images (for example the baby shot),
3. it's very handy to carry around your camera everywhere, but sometimes it's not so handy
4. i wont be doing a 365 project next year.

That's right in 2011 i wont be doing a project 365. There are many reasons behind this, one of which is that 25% of my shots are crap shots, shots where i have just taken a shot for the sake of taking a shot, and really they are crap. And also I have missed approx 4 days in this project, days where I have been so consumed in my everyday life, or have had no inspiration.
So in 2011 I will be focusing on a 52 week project.  I will still shoot, just not every day.  My best image will go into the a photo a week project.
This will be more doable for me, and i will produce much better images.
I also plan to do themes.
Week 1 - Miles
Week 2 - Kayla
Week 3 - Myself (self portrait)
Week 4 - Macro
Week 5 - Misc

Why these themes why this order.
Well Miles was born on the 3rd. So if I take a photo of him at the beginning of the week I will essential have 12 photo's of him in a year. And I can see how much he has grown. Same applies for Kayla, she was born on the 7th. Same applies to me (13th).
I figured Macro would be good to get the creative juices flowing and to also learn more about macro.
And well there are not going to be a lot of months that have 5 weeks in there, but the weeks that do have 5 I will do something miscellaneous, something along the lines of around the house, buildings, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment