Saturday, October 23, 2010

A Studio

Ok so an update:

I've been working out some more photoshop templates in different sizes. I'm just working on sizes that are compatible with printing. Sometimes I get stuck with different patterns, and sometimes they work, and sometimes they don't. I did a template with a heart in it, and I don't like it, but then again someone else might.
All Templates use clipping masks i <3 clipping masks.

SoldSmart is the company that I bought my portable studio from. Not really impressed with their service.  After blasting them, they tell me that it has been shipped, yet I had no shipping number.  I needed it as I have a photoshoot on Monday and I really did not want to reschedule. Well it came yesterday (Friday). Of course I was very excited that it came. So I started to put it together, then I realised, wait something is not quite right here. The horizontal bar (that holds the backdrop) did not connect to the stands. and I couldn't figure out how it would fit. So I call my friend Krissi from KeJa (she was the one who told me about the studio, she has the same one too), and she helped me out. Now why would I call someone? Why not look at the instructions? Well SoldSmart did not supply ANY INSTRUCTIONS. Yes that's right, none, nadda, zippo, zip, zero! I mean I'm pretty cluely, and usually don't need instructions,  but this was a joke! After about an hour I searched the bag, and hidden in a side pocket, yes an obscure side pocket, were the missing parts. So yay, studio set up!

Here is a test shot from the studio, excuse the crappy lighting etc, this is just a test shot, but at least it gives me an idea how it all works.

No comments:

Post a Comment