Sunday, December 19, 2010

Goals... Did I get there.

At the start of the year I set myself some goals to achieve. Now a lot has happened in this year, and yes I'm aware the year is not quite finished, but I figured I will give the progress update.


One of my goals was to loose 12 in 12 months. So essential a kilo a month. At the start of the year I was about 78k. Well I got down to 70k at some stage, but now I'm hovering around 73-34. So i didn't quite make it. But I do plan to make some changes in my life. I going to motivate myself more with weight and cardio fitness and try to cut down on the carbs. I'll be happy if I can get in the 60's. Ideally 65-68k. But even if it's 69 I'll be happy. 
So I have started a food diary (again), I have to stick at it for 3 weeks. If I can do that I can really see what I'm eating, and where and when. I am pre-pregnancy weight (being Kayla). Which is good. Now to loose that little bit more. 


My other goal was to read 12 books in 12 months. So  a book a month. Doable? Well I didn't read 12 books. But before you go "told you so". I read: 16! Ok Technically 15 1/2 but i will explain that. 



Books
  1. 2nd life of Bree Tanner
  2. 3rd night the frost
  3. Darkness be my friend
  4. Burning for revenge
  5. Women who love too much
  6. Fallen
  7. Shiver
  8. Evernight
  9. The shadow thief
  10. the hollow
  11. Stargazer
  12. Hourglass
  13. my sisters keeper
  14. cleo, how an uppity cat helped heal a family
  15. torment
  16. mad about the boy 1/2
 Now the above books I read with my eyes! Below are the books I listened to with my ears! So I'm counting those too!

Audio
  1. Twilight
  2. New moon
  3. Eclipse
  4. Breaking dawn
  5. Life swap
  6. Annie May black book
  7. Recipe for disaster
  8. troubled waters
  9. at a time like this
  10. gucci mama's
  11. mad about the boy 1/2
I did not read/listen to these book in the order that they are listed, if you are wondering. 

Now what is this 1/2 book and 1/2 audio book. Ok well let me explain. I borrowed "mad about the boy" from the local library online (you can now borrow audio books yay!). During the loan period, my ipod shat itself. So I listened to 1/2 the book and no more. Then the other day when I was browsing books to read over the 'holiday' break I saw they had it, and thus I borrowed the book (with pages). Hence the 1/2. 

The year hasn't finished just yet, so I might be able to get another book/audio in. If I do I will list it. 

So they were my 2 main goals. One of which was really successful and the other one, not so much. but here is to next year!

2 comments:

  1. Add
    17. The day I shot cupid

    to the list.

    I just finished that one today :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Add
    18. Day-votions for mothers

    I finished this one last night (it's non fiction and have been reading it over the last 2 months, as it has really short chapters.

    ReplyDelete