Thursday, December 30, 2010

Project 365

New I'm aware I have to update November and December, it will happen. I just thought I would give you and update on how I think I went this year.

It all started with talk on a forum that I visit (go here.) It was December 2009, and I was eager to tackle this project. A photo a day for an entire year, doesn't seem hard, but let me tell you, it's a lot more work than you think it is.
Don't get me wrong I have thoroughly enjoyed doing the project. I had plan to do a photo book of all the images. But I have decided against that. I'm still going to do a photo book but it wont be of every photo of the year. Why? Well for the following reasons:

  1. I missed 4-5 days 
  2. Approx 150 are ripper/excellent/hang on the wall images
  3. Approx 100 are snap shots
  4. Approx 50 are crap, had to take a photo for the day shots. Shots that I'm not really impressed with. 
So My 365 day project photo book will be the best off the entire year. 

Doing this project I have learnt a lot about my camera. I mean I'm still learning now (i just learnt something new the other day). 
I've also learnt a lot about editing, and finding my editing style. 

So will I be doing a 365 day project for 2011. Well that would be a BIG FAT NO!!!!! But I've already mentioned this before. I plan to do a 52 week project, and I also plan on having themes. I think I have mentioned these themes before but I will mention them again, also for my reference. 
  1. Miles
  2. Kayla
  3. Me (self portrait)
  4. Macro
  5. Random
Why these themes? Because they suit my lifestyle, and that more me is what is going to make it work. 

No comments:

Post a Comment