Friday, March 5, 2010

Fallen

One of the things that I wanted to achieve in 2010 was to read 12 books. That is essential 1 book a month. Which is totally achievable considering I read 17 books last year.

I ended up not reading anything in January. Opps my bad. But I have made up for it.

The 1st book read and completed is Fallen by Lauren Kate

I 1st heard about this book thanks to the double day magazine that I got in the mail.
The blurb was very interesting and it had me intrigued and hooked.
Appealing to Twilight fans, Fallen is the addictive debut in a new paranormal romance series that revolves around the forbidden love between an 17-year-old mortal and a tormented fallen angel.
Like a moth to a flame, Luce is drawn to Daniel, a handsome student at her boarding school, despite his frosty almost frightening demeanour. Little does she know, their love is doomed and she is destined to die before her next birthday …
Daniel is equally drawn to Luce, but is determined to keep his distance. As a fallen angel, he has learnt the hard way that he's not entitled to lasting happiness – for centuries, he has been cursed to fall in love with the same girl every 17 years – and then watch her die.


It ended up that I had to go to 3 bookstores to find the book, and I got the last that they had in stock.
Having read the twilight series, I thought ok, I'll give this one a go. And well I loved it from beginning to end. I couldn't put it down. I ended up reading it in 2 days. Which with 2 kids I have to say is pretty impressive.

So if you are a twilight fan, then this could be the new series to get hooked into.

No comments:

Post a Comment