Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Changes

Today I got my eyes tested. My prescription has changed a little. The optometrist man wasn't really kid friendly, and the room, had no toys. I mean hello? Have some toys or kids books or something to keep kids from being bored. Had I known that he had nothing there I would have brought something myself.

The optometrist also had a quick look at Kayla's eyes, and he said that he would like to look at her eyes when she is a little older. It appears she has a slight astigmatism... damn you family history :p
He even told me I have a severe astigmatism in my right eye.
He didn't really seem people orientated, as he was explaining things about the eye (using the prop), I didn't understand any of it.

So I got 2 set of glasses. One of which will be sunglasses. I picked a pair of frames that I normally would pick, but it's a good change, and I like the colour, for once not red! But in saying that the other pair (which will be my sunnies), are red lol.

I'll post a pic of what they are going to look like when I get them.


I should also let you know about Miles 1 year check up.
He is doing everything he should be doing.

Weight: 9490gm (20lb 14oz)
Height: 73.5cm (29in)
Head circumference: 47.8cm (18.7in)

He can stand up and walk around furniture. He lets go for about 20 seconds and stands there without assistance.
Loves to clap, and waves when you leave.

And for those of you who want to compare with Kayla here were her 1 year results

Weight: 10.04kg (22lb 2 oz)
Height: 77.2cm (30in)
Head circumference: 45.8cm (18in)

So Miles is shorter, but has a bigger head!

No comments:

Post a Comment