Thursday, January 28, 2010

Day 28 - 28th Jan 2010

Well today I made ANZAC cookies to go along with my Australia Week theme.

Now for those of you who live overseas you may be thinking 'What the hell is an ANZAC cookie'.

Well let me give you some background. ANZAC stands for 'Australia and NEW Zealand Army Corps', which was established in World War 1.

Loved ones of the ANZAC's wanted to send care packages, but being that things had to go via boat they didn't want things to spoil. So 'Anzac' cookies were created. They are made using rolled oats, flour, coconut (i don't put these in mine, but it is an option), sugar, butter, golden syrup, bicarbonate of soda and boiling water. Learn more here

There are a zillion recipes out there for anzac cookies. I got my recipe from my high school cook book (yes I still have it, the book is about 15 years old now!).

I will share the recipe later. So here is the image.
I used my light tent again with my macro lens. I love them both :D

1 comment: